VLC Media Player is one of the most popular media players for streaming IPTV nowadays. It is quite easy to set up and also easy to use. If you haven’t downloaded the free VLC Media Player yet then download it from here
Using VideoLan’s VLC Media Player to run and stream IPTV is amazing as it’s an IP-based television service and VLC is stable and reliable for this. If you properly configure the VLC Media Player by following the below steps, you will be able to run and stream IPTV on it without any hassle.
VLC is one of the most used apps for streaming IPTV channels. The VLC media player is a free and open-font, movable, cross-platform media player and streaming media server delivered by the VideoLAN design. VLC is available for desktop operating systems and mobile platforms, similar to Android, iOS, Tizen, Windows 10 Mobile, and Windows Phone.
In this tutorial, we will exhibit to you how to record Live programs on VLC. in this article we will show you how to set up IPTV channels via VLC on your computer.
We will add a sample IPTV Playlist to VLC Player installed on Windows PC. The software is available for free on their official site, download> install> and get ready. We’ve shortly covered this tutorial. Please follow the way below and let’s do it.
Veritably limited materials are needed for a successful transition to a VLC media player IPTV on a device with a screen.
● A computer (any recent Operating System in short OS)
● Decent storage (preferably 1 GB and advanced)
● Good internet connection (it’s a must)
● IPTV Service Provider (ask for assistance from the IPTV distributor)
VLC Media Player Advantages
The VLC Media Player boasts a plethora of capabilities for a featherlight media player. numerous of these functions aren’t indeed generally recognized by long-time VLC users.
We’ve pointed out some of the unique features VLC player has below
- Supported Media Formats – VLC supports and can play nearly all videotape formats.
- Base (Packet) – VLC can play damaged videotape, like those downloaded over peer-to-peer
- Compatibility – VLC is compatible with a wide range of operating systems. This includes Android, Windows, Mac, and iOS as well as all Linux- based distributions.
- Conversion – VLC can convert videotape files from one format to another.
- Screen Recording – You can record your desktop and store the recording on your computer.
- VLC Media Player – Available Devices
VLC Media player is available on the following devices.
2. iOS( iPhone & iPad)
3. Apple TV
4. Android-based devices( Android television, Android Box, Fire TV, and Firestick)
5. PC (Windows, Mac, Chrome, Linux, and Ubuntu)
To enter IPTV on the VLC media player, also make sure to have the following effects listed
● The last version of VLC Media Player.
● Active IPTV subscription.
● M3U or M3U8 URL from your IPTV provider.
How to add an IPTV m3u Playlist on VLC?
The m3u is one of the formats used in the computer, which contains a playlist of contents that’s streamed online. The utmost of the IPTV playlists is created in this format to fluently access the files. VLC Media Player serves as the best one to add and stream these m3u lists fluently.
Follow the steps to add the IPTV m3u playlist on VLC:
- Step 1: Open the VLC Media Player
- Step 2: Next click on the “Media” button that you will find on the top of the Navigation Bar for showing the File menu.
- Step 3: Then search for the “Open Network Stream” option and click on it.
- Step-4: After that, click on the radio button that you will find next to the “HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/MMS” option and then type or paste the desired “M3U URL” on the URL box that was provided by your IPTV service provider.
- Step-5: Now click “OK” then your IPTV Subscription will automatically load to your VLC and you will find the channel list down the left panel.
- Step-6: Click any of the channels from the left panel and after that click the “Right” pointing arrow at the bottom of the showing screen to stream the channel.
- Step 7: All the procedure is done.
You May Also Like: How to record IPTV for Android, Windows, MacOS and Firestick (2021)
VLC Alternatives for IPTV on a Windows PC
If you have a PC that can handle bluestacks I’ll highly recommend going with the Android version of IPTV Smarters which I’ve explained then How to install IPTV Smarters on your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get free IPTV with the VLC Media Player?
If you put the right configuration on the VLC Media player’s settings, you can surely stream any free IPTV content that is provided by your IPTV service provider.
Is VLC Media Player a good choice for IPTV?
Definitely, if you can put the configuration correctly, the VLC Media Player is a good choice I must say. Through VLC you can stream IPTV content provided by your IPTV Service Provider. using the URLs with IPTV m3u playlists.
How can I stream IPTV on my PC?
You can run IPTV content on your PC by using the login credentials given by your IPTV Service provider on any media player like VLC Media Player.
Why am I getting URL errors?
This can happen for 2 reasons,
1. You’re trying to play IPTV channels on vlc using a link.
2. Instead of a file or your ISP blocking your IPTV Server (I’m recommending VPN while using IPTV).
Can I edit my playlist on VLC?
Always! offline m3u files can be edited. You can edit them first and then upload them to the App.
Why am I seeing only a long list of channels and not categorized?
The VLC Media Player doesn’t support channels by categories. That’s why it only shows a big
list of channels.
By following the upper steps you can easily configure and run your IPTV Subscriptions in the VLC Player.
For more queries, visit IPTVSetupGuide.